Summary Background: Dr. McCallie is Senior Vice President for Medical Informatics at Cerner Corporation and a Cerner Engineering Fellow. He is responsible for a research and development team focused on innovations at the intersection of computer science and clinical medicine. His current work targets applications of semantic content extracted from the clinical record using natural language parsing techniques. In addition to his work at Cerner, he is working with a broad group of industry collaborators to create open, vendor-neutral standards that foster widespread EHR-to-EHR interoperability. Most recently, he was a co-founder of CommonWell, a multi-vendor trade association devoted to improved interoperability. Prior to that, he helped create Direct, a simplified approach to secure clinical messaging, which is now a required component of Meaningful Use.
Specialties: Medical informatics, health policy and economics, health information technology, corporate governance, healthcare consulting
Select Previous Experience:
- Office of the National Coordinator HIT Standards Committee – member
- Director, Product Engineering, Cerner Corporation
- Senior Manager, Product Engineering, Cerner Corporation
- Director of Research Computing, Children’s Hospital, Boston
- Instructor In Neurology, Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston
- Harvard Medical School, M.D.
- Duke University, B.S.E. Electrical Engineering