Summary Background: Dr. Safavi (J.D.) is the managing director for Accenture’s global healthcare business. As a seasoned executive, he brings more than two decades of leadership experience to Accenture Health. He’s responsible for the creation of the Center for Healthcare Improvement at Health Businesses of Thompson Reuters and, while at HealthSpring, he established one of the Midwest’s first electronic medical record systems. He has published numerous papers and is quoted on healthcare issues in various media publications, including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Harvard Business Review and the Economist. He is board-certified in internal medicine and pediatrics and completed his residency at the University of Michigan Medical Center.
Specialties: Health policy and economics, health information technology, corporate governance, healthcare consulting
Select Previous Experience:
- Cisco, global healthcare practice lead
- Thompson Reuter, chief medical officer of Health Businesses
- United Healthcare, vice president of medical affairs
- Loyola University of Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, M.D.
- DePaul University of Chicago, J.D.
- Northwestern University, B.A.