Summary Background: Dr. Huff is Professor (Clinical) of Biomedical Informatics at the University of Utah, and the Chief Medical Informatics Officer at Intermountain Healthcare. He is board-certified in Clinical Pathology and Clinical Informatics. His career has been in the field of Biomedical Informatics. He has worked in the area of medical vocabularies and medical database architecture for the past 25 years. He is currently a fellow of the American College of Medical Informatics, a co-chair of the Logical Observation Identifier Names and Codes (LOINC) Committee, the Chair of the Board of Directors of Health Level Seven (HL7), and a member of the ONC HIT Standards Committee.
Specialties: Large health system leadership, health information technology, corporate governance, healthcare consulting.
Select Previous Experience:
- Director of Medical Informatics, Primary Children’s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT
- Associate Professor (Clinical), Department of Medical Informatics, University of Utah, College of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
- Senior Medical Informaticist, Director Interface Team, and Manager Healthcare Data Dictionary, Intermountain Health Care, Salt Lake City, UT
- National Board of Medical Examiners, Current
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, M.D.
- Brigham Young University, Provo, B.S., Chemistry