Summary Background: Dr. Winkenwerder is a recognized national healthcare leader with experience in insurance operations, integrated delivery, and public policy. He is a superior manager and team builder able to identify, develop, and implement strategies for organizational change. He has extensive personal relationships with leaders across all sectors of U.S. private health industry, government, and internationally.
Specialties: Large health system leadership, health insurance, health policy and economics, health information technology, corporate governance, healthcare consulting
Select Previous Experience:
- Assistant Secretary of Defense, Health Affairs
- President and CEO, Highmark, Inc.
- Board Director: athenahealth, Bob Woodruff Foundation, Capgemini Government Solutions
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, M.D.
- University of Pennsylvania – The Wharton School, M.B.A., Healthcare Business Administration
- Davidson College, B.S., Pre-Med